Management is a skill that can be applied in not only a wide variety of
careers, but can be used in projects that you undertake for yourself.
Project Management Short course will help you get a firm grasp of what
you will need to know to effectively manage projects. Projects have many
stages and carefully planning at each stage will see that things are
implemented efficiently and effectively, ultimately resulting in a
project that runs smoothly.
20 hour course will help you understand more about what is involved in
project management, risk management in project management, maintaining
control of your projects, maintaining relationships throughout the
project, what to do when a project comes to an end and some golden rules
for project management. Self-assessment tests and additional learning
will help you become a star project manager in a weekend. Add it to your
resume, manage your own renovation projects at home, your options are
This course contains 6 lessons.
LESSON 1 NATURE AND SCOPE OF PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- The role of a project manager
- Characteristics of a project
- Stages of a project
- Where is project management applied?
- Types of project management
- Types of project management offices
- Project types
- State of the art
- Static management
LESSON 2 RISK AND UNCERTAINTY
- What is risk?
- Some seek risk
- The importance of a business case
- The feasibility study
- Risk identification
LESSON 3 MAINTAINING CONTROL THROUGHOUT THE PROJECT
- Tools for control
- When and where control needs to be exercised
- Nine steps to successful project planning
LESSON 4 INTERPERSONAL RELATIONSHIPS
- What is communication?
- Communication systems and techniques
- Setting up communications systems in projects
- Active listening
- Finding the right staff
LESSON 5 THE END GAME
LESSON 6 SOME GOLDEN RULES OF PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- Lesson 6 additional reading
How do our courses work?
- Enrol any time.
- Start studying immediately or later (as you wish).
- Configure your study sessions at any length and frequency you wish.
- Work through at your own pace.
- Automated self assessment tests pop up at the end of each
lesson.You can attempt these as many times as you wish; and each time,
upon completion, you can see your results.You will need internet access
to complete the self assessment tests.
- At the end of the whole course, you are presented with a major
automated examination which can be attempted online, anywhere, any time.
- If you achieve a 60% pass in the exam; you immediately receive a downloadable certificate of completion with your name on it.
- Help desk - email any time - emails answered every workday
Why should you study Project Management?
A report from the Foundation for Young Australians suggested that 70% of young people enter the work force into jobs that are at high risk from automation. It "recommends an ‘enterprise learning’ model, which focuses on providing communication, financial literacy, project management, creativity, innovation and digital literacy skills".
This course is important to anyone that will execute a project, small or large, simple or complex. With this course you will learn risk management, how to calculate budget, prioritize/rank each task, and interpersonal relationships.
Project Management is a required skill for strong employabilty in the future.