Develop a basic understanding of how to create and manipulate images and artwork compositions using Adobe Photoshop for use on the web, email and print.
Photoshop has been a standard software tool for processing digital
images, for a long time.
As with all software, Photoshop software is
constantly being updated,
sometimes as often as monthly; but once you learn the concepts and
techniques of one version; you then have an excellent foundation for
working with any version. The purpose of this course is to teach you the
fundamentals of Photoshop, so you can apply your skills and knowledge
to any version. This course was originally developed based
upon a version over ten years ago. It has periodically been updated; but
given the frequency of updates, there may well be things that you
encounter which are different to the version you work with. Our staff
however, do work with Photoshop routinely; and are able to answer
questions and help you whenever you do encounter discrepancies.
The course is divided into 9 lessons as follows:
1. Learning The Menus – This lesson will familiarize the student with all of the main menu options and their basic functions
2. Working with Digital Image Files – This lesson provides an overview of the major digita file types as well as how resize an image and save from one file type to another.
3. Understanding the Tool Palette – This lesson teaches the student the various uses of the major Photoshop tools for creating and manipulating artwork, photos and digital compositions.
4. Using Layers, Actions and History - This lesson explores the creative power of the Photoshop Layers palette, which is the foundation of why Photoshop is such a powerful creative tool.
5. Digital Painting, Shapes and Colours – This lesson begins to explain the basic concepts of colour. The lesson continues by walking the student through a “How-to” guide to creating simple original artwork
6. Selecting, Resizing, Transforming and Masking – This lesson explores the tools available to manipulate and transform various components of an image or composition.
7. Adjustments and modifications – This lesson lists the steps needed to improve the quality of an image by applying adjustments and modifications.
8. Adding Filters and Styles – This lesson will focus on the various styles and effects that can be applied to an image or composition
9. Preparing Files for Print and Web – This lesson will list the steps to prepare the finished files for use in Print, The Web or Email.
During the course, the student will learn how to:
Open digital files using Photoshop
Resize images and save them in multiple file formats
Create original graphics using the Photoshop tools
Manipulate individual elements of a graphic composition or image
Improve the quality of an image (clean it up) by applying modifications
Apply interesting filters and effects to images or compositions
Prepare your files for the web, print or email
WHAT WILL YOU DO IN THIS COURSE?
During the course, the student will actually:
Learn the major menu options and what they mean
Open and save files in different formats and learn what the differences are
Scan photos or download from a digital camera and edit them in using Photoshop
Prepare images for email
Use the major tools to understand how graphics are created
Create multiple layered compositions and explore movement and position
Create original graphics and artwork
Add exciting effects to images
Format files for the web and print
How the payment Options Work
You can be either pay fees in one or two parts.
- If paying in 2 parts, the first part is paid on enrolment, and the second part two months later (You are sent a bill when you enrol).
- If you pay the full fee on enrolment, we offer a discounted fee (commonly around 8% lower)