Learn to use a Computer for more things and more effectively, with Microsoft Applications.
There are 13 Lessons in this course as follows:
- Hardware Components
- Operating Systems (Windows,DOS etc)
- Files and Folders
- Office Applications
- Windows Accessories Programs
- Disk Management
- Installation of Software
- Trouble Shooting
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft Powerpoint
WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS COURSE
Below are some activities you will do in this course
- Explain the role of the motherboard and the CPU in a computer system.
- Briefly, describe the evolution computer systems, starting from the first IBM PC through to the most currently generally available systems available today. Make special reference to changes that you deem to be 'significant' leaps in this evolutionary process.
- Name five things that the motherboard is responsible for supporting.
- Explain how modems measured in terms of performance.
- Compare three different types of printers (i.e. inkjet, laser and dot matrix) and explain how they differ in the ways that they produce a printed page.
- Define the following computer terms: screensaver, wallpaper, device driver, sound card
- Discuss ‘Brief case’, when might you use this feature, and how a brief case can be added to your desktop.
- List the advantages and disadvantages of having several windows open at the same time and describe two situations that either illustrates advantages and/or difficulties than might be encountered when you work with more than one window open.
- In order to install or set up a new printer, write down what you would click on or type for each step and what would happen when that was done on the computer.
- Choose a software program (different to your set task) of your choice, and write about the steps involved with its installation onto a hard drive.
- You are trying to run a DOS program and you get an Insufficient Expanded Memory error message in a DOS window. If expanded memory on your computer is set to Auto, how can you correct this problem?
- A computer stopped working after a violent electrical storm so the customer stopped using it for a year, he has finally brought it to you to look at because the keyboard isn't working and it will not boot. List the steps you would take to determine what is wrong with it and write what your opinion of what is damaged.