Learn about Horticultural and Agricultural Engineering
- Understand how to get the job done easier and more efficiuently with modern technological solutions
- Self paced studies; start anytime, study from anywhere.
- University trained, industry experienced tutors
There are 9 lessons in this course:
- Water management
- Environmental control
- Chemical applications
- Engineering efficiency
- Developing engineering solutions
Each lesson culminates in an assignment which is submitted to the school, marked by the school's tutors and returned to you with any relevant suggestions, comments, and if necessary, extra reading.
- Explain surveying, including basic principles and techniques, appropriate for horticulture and agriculture.
- Determine earthworks required for an agricultural or horticultural site.
- Determine appropriate water management for an horticultural/agricultural site.
- Determine technological solutions for environmental control problems, in rural or horticultural situations.
- Explain the operation of equipment commonly used to apply pesticides and other chemicals in both horticultural and agricultural workplaces.
- Determine appropriate fencing to use for different purposes; including security and restricting the movement of animals, pests or traffic, in agricultural and horticultural situations.
- Explain the operation of machinery commonly used to mechanise manual tasks carried out in horticultural and agricultural workplaces.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of engineering applications in agricultural and horticultural workplaces.
- Determine procedures for improving work tasks in agricultural and horticultural situations.
Course Duration 100 hours