Learn Stress Management Techniques
When people feel under pressure or are worried, this may cause either stress or anxiety. If it is stress, the negative feelings fade, as the pressure subsides. If it is anxiety though, the negative feelings remain, even after the cause of the problem fades away.
Learn ways to improve your self-esteem, by applying stress management techniques, relaxation techniques, and mindful exercises. Learn to identify your emotions, the stress levels, what is triggering the stress and when counseling or other professional help is needed.
Learn techniques to challenge the way you see yourself with acceptance and openness to change.
This course is a 20 h self-pace course and contains 8 lessons, which are:
LESSON 1: NEGATIVE EMOTIONS
- What are negative emotions?
- The need for control
- Overview of negative emotions
- Causes of negative emotions
- Physiological arousal
- The impact of negative emotions
- Negative emotions and mental health disorders
LESSON 2: STRESS CONTROL
- Why do we need to control our stress?
- Physiological response to stress
- General adaptation syndrome
- Responses to chronic stress
- Long-term outcomes
- Cognitive responses to stress
- Defence mechanisms
- The stress epidemic
- Stress and war
- Stress and disease
- Stress and relationships
- Stress and crime
- Dealing with stress
- Stress management techniques
- Poor coping strategies
- Useful coping strategies
- Relaxation strategies
LESSON 3: ANGER MANAGEMENT
- The impact of anger
- Anger as physiological arousal
- Ways of conceptualising anger
- Passive aggressive anger
- Aggressive anger
- Anger management
- Ways to diffuse anger
- Counselling strategies
LESSON 4: DEPRESSION AND ANXIETY
- Depressive disorders
- Symptoms of depression
- Causes of depression
- Other physical illnesses
- Anxiety disorders
- Symptoms of anxiety
- Causes of anxiety
- Combating anxiety and depression
LESSON 5: DEALING WITH SHAME, GUILT AND SELF-DOUBT
- Other common negative emotions
- Self-doubt and reduced self-esteem
- Other negative emotions
LESSON 6: COPING WITH NEGATIVE EMOTIONS AT HOME
- Overcoming negative thoughts
- Helpful techniques for well-being
- Things to avoid
- Case studies
LESSON 7: COPING WITH NEGATIVE EMOTIONS AT WORK
- Work life
- Causes of negative emotions at work
- Bringing negative emotions to work
- Helpful techniques for wellbeing at work
- Case studies
LESSON 8: ACHIEVING BALANCE
- Too much positivity
- What is normal? What is healthy?
- Some stress is fine
- Dealing with conflict
- Case studies
- Hedonic and eudemonic approaches
How long does the course take?
20 hours; but if you want to go deeper, you are able to. Complete it
in a weekend if you wish; or spread it out over weeks or much longer.
That's your choice. Once you enrol, you can study when you want, for as
little or as long as you want, taking as long as you choose between
Support and Feedback
Self Assessment Tests are found throughout the course, where you will
be asked questions and our course delivery system will give you
A help desk is provided. Any questions or enquiries will be answered within one working day. Outside of weekends; often faster.
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for everyone who is willing to apply stress management techniques, it is a good resource for social workers, nurses, psychologists, school teachers, supervisors, anyone in the counselling sector and working with people.