Develop technical or scientific skills, that can be applied to any industry.
Using problem-based learning (PBL) strategies you will complete three projects that address the following topics, relevant to your workplaces in your industry:
- Identifying and analysing scientific or technical problems
- Using and maintaining scientific or technical equipment
- Collecting and storing samples, data or other evidence
- Undertaking and evaluating scientific or technical procedures
- Describing workplace operations and equipment in scientific laboratories or technical facilities
There are four lessons in this module, with three PBL projects.
PBL 1 - Identifying Technical Problems and
Collecting Samples or Data: Investigating technical problems in the
workplace; collecting and treating samples, data or other evidence.
PBL 2 - Analytical Procedures: Using
specialised technical equipment to analyse samples, data or other
evidence; undertaking routine and advanced scientific or technical
PBL 3 - Workplace Operations: Describing the operations and equipment of a laboratory or other technical environment.
- Identify technical or
scientific problems that occur in the workplace and demonstrate
appropriate techniques for collecting and treating samples or data.
- Demonstrate techniques used to analyse and solve technical problems.
- Describe the operations of a scientific laboratory or other technical environment.