Grow your own healthy veggies!
Learn to grow your own vegetables with us and the reap the delicious rewards of your harvest!
- Understand the principles of growing vegetables at home.
- Learn how to get a healthy crop.
- Watch plants grow from seed to harvest!
exciting and satisfying experience, with the added benefits of knowing
that you and your family are eating the freshest, healthiest chemical
ACS student comment: "Great course, tutor was really good with explaining and
marking. [She] gave me new ideas for my garden and hints for it too.
Learning so many new things about growing different vegetables, how to
grow them and what to do. All about soils and garden plots." - Kathryn Crossfield, Australia - Home Vegetable Growing
You will learn such things as:
- How to build a veggie garden
- Cultivation and planting
- The main types of vegetables
- How to make great compost
- Pest, disease and weed control
- Hydroponic and greenhouse growing
- Herbs and uncommon vegetable varieties
- Watering and irrigation systems
- Harvesting, storing and using vegetables
“Lots of people are keen to grow their own food, and this course
helps them gain the skills required to create their own vegetable
gardens. It is easy to understand, practical, and can be adapted to your
own garden requirements.” - Tracey Morris Dip.Hort., Cert.Hort., Cert III Organic Farming, ACS Tutor.
COURSE STRUCTURE AND CONTENT
Course Duration: 100 hours.
Start Date: Start at any time - study at a pace that suits you, and with full tutor support for the duration of your studies.
Lessons: The course comprises 8 lessons as detailed below:
- Cultivation and Planting
- Review of Major Vegetable Varieties
- Pest, Disease and Weed Control
- Hydroponic and Greenhouse Growing
- Lesser Grown Varieties and Herbs
- Harvesting, Storing and Using Vegetables