Study, Learn and become an Expert with Indoor Plants
- Learn to identify, select, pot up and maintain indoor plants
- Indulge a passion for indoor plants; or train to work with indoor plants
- Start a business, or nurture a career in nursery or interior plantscaping
Develop your skills to make informed decisions on the selection, care and use of indoor plants. To be successful with indoor plants, you need to be able firstly, to identify correctly, the plants you are dealing with; and then secondly, understand the conditions required for the specific plant variety concerned.
There are eight lessons in this course as outlined below:‑
Plant Naming and pronunciation
Review of indoor plant families
- Indoor Plant Culture - Part A
Understanding interior environments
Plants for different light conditions
Problems with indoor plants
Managing plant nutrition
Pruning indoor plants
Propagation and caring for young indoor plants
- Indoor Plant Culture - Part B
Acclimatizing indoor plants
Helping plants survive neglect
Managing plant health indoors
- Foliage Plants
Growing palms inside
Review of palm genera
Selecting and Growing Ferns inside
Review of other foliage plant genera
- Flowering Plants
Other genera grown for flowers indoors.
- Other Indoor Plants
Vines and Climbers
- Making The Best Use Of Indoor Plants
Deciding where to place an indoor plant
Plants in baskets
- The Interior Plantscaping Industry
Interior Plantscaping Business
Growing in Greenhouses
What you will do:
Here are some examples of the things you will cover in this course:
- Distinguish between different types of indoor plants, including twenty-five different genera and fifty different varieties.
- Describe the cultural methods used for growing various indoor plants.
- Select appropriate plants for different interior plantscaping situations.
- Evaluate a range of plants not commonly grown indoors for their suitability for interior plantscaping.
- Develop innovative ways of presenting plants for indoor situations.
Explain the interior plantscaping industry, including it's nature and scope.
- Distinguish between different types of indoor plants
- Describe the cultural methods used for growing various indoor plants
- Evaluate a range of plants not commonly grown indoors for their suitability for interior plantscaping
- Select appropriate plants for different interior plantscaping situations
- Develop innovative ways of presenting plants for indoor situations
- Explain the interior plantscaping industry, including its nature and scope.
Visit our school's online bookshop: buy and download an e book to start reading straight away.
Tropical Plants is a book by our principal John Mason, originally published in print by Kangaroo Press (Simon & Schuster), but now available as a well illustrated, second edition in ebook format.
Trees and Shrubs for Warm Places -also by John Mason, contains around 300 colour photos and covers thousands of plants, most of which are suitable for use as indoor plants.
From our bookshop at www.acsbookshop.com